Friday, August 31, 2007

Boston - Day 2




Day 2 started very late...I slept until nearly 11am! Woo Hoo! My friend and I enjoyed a yummy lunch at a nearby restaurant. I had the smoked salmon potato pancake w/creamed corn & greens. I was able to stroll around a fancy pants neighborhood and take advantage of some sweet sales. I checked out the Boston Public Library (BPL) and its beautiful architecture. It had a display of miniature books which was great and also a collection of WWII-propaganda posters...very interesting documents!

I then traveled with a group to Boston's North End for the cannoli taste-off: Mike's Pastry vs. Modern Pastry. Which location has the more delicious cannoli? Hmmm, I still can't decide, but who really cares? Have both! We then enjoyed a delicious boiled lobster dinner. The poor Red Sox lost their second game in a row to the Yankees.

No comments: