Friday, December 22, 2006

Booze-Ambien-Patience-Internet-Big Book - which would you turn to?

When I lived in San Diego before - during the mid to late 90's - I went back to Iowa for Christmas every year. The cost was sometimes steep, the itinerary was often less than ideal, but I made it. I almost always flew through Denver. In the winter. With millions of other people. And every time I was lucky - no terrible weather, no missed flights, just the regular turbulence and dry skin. Sure, one connection was tight and I had to run the length of the United terminal in high-heeled boots, a heavy wool sweater while carrying two bags and hyperventilating, but it was nothing compared to what it must be like right now.

I've mentioned how every morning I look down upon the SD airport. This morning I noticed a lot of planes parked on the non-terminal side of the runway. "Hmmm, that's odd, why are they there?" Then I realized that all the planes that should be flying in and out of Denver have to be parked somewhere.

Now my thoughts turn to my pal trying to get out of Heathrow...

1 comment:

The Young Family said...

I so thought of all the flying we used to do for the .... W job! lol does that bring back happy thought? Stuck on the runway for 3 hours was my longest delay on the runway... they said planes in Denver were on the runway for 8 hours!!! oh my! is all I can say to that. Give me an Ambien and alcohol and knock me out at that point...

Em